Sunday, January 9, 2011

Putting it all out there

I've been thinking about blogging for quite a while now, but found the concept rather intimidating.  How would I find the time and what would I write about?  But then yesterday evening, while I was hanging out in the playroom with my family, I realized that I had plenty to write about and that this might be just the thing for me.  So I set it up - it was far easier than I expected - and voila, here we are.

Since I'm a stay-at-home mom to a two year old, I am blessed already with lots of blogging material.  My life is rich with stories of the ups and downs of raising a toddler.  Hence the name of the blog.  I can say with all honesty that a few years ago, I never thought I'd get excited when I could sleep in until six.  Now, my husband and I are practically giddy when our daughter wakes us up anytime after 5:59am. 

I am mildly obsessed with food, so you can expect to read about that, too.  Since I'm vegan, everything I write about will be vegan.  It really doesn't make sense any other way.  I'm not a preachy vegan - there are plenty of blogs that are, but this won't be one of them.  However, I love to veganize old favorites or new recipes that look interesting, so I will undoubtedly write about that here. 

And then there's just life as it happens.  I want to capture it...to think about it, laugh, learn, and probably analyze a bit, too.  I'm excited about starting this journey and hope that anyone who comes across this blog enjoys it along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment