Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Is Off To A Fun Start!

I've been up since 4:15 this morning thanks to, in order:  The Hubby, The Little Miss, The Cat Formerly Known As Fluffernutter, and The @$#! Birds Outside.  I have a date with the Starbucks drive-thru just as soon as I can get myself moving. 

In honor of the bright and early start to my day, I thought I would share a little glimpse into my first few minutes of consciousness on this fine Friday morning in August.

A few months ago, I taught The Little Miss to knock on Daddy's office door before just barging in.  Now, whenever she wants to go through a closed door, she knocks first.  This is true even if she is opening her own door.  So at 4:30 this morning, as I'm trying to drift back to sleep after being awakened by The Hubby's trip to the bathroom, I am jolted back to full consciousness by BANG! BANG! BANG!  Then the sound of her door opening, little feet shuffling to my bedroom door, and a tiny whispering voice announcing that she needs to hit the bathroom pronto.  Off we go. 

And though it was way too early in the morning, I still find it hilarious that she always knocks on her door even when she is leaving her own room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment