Monday, August 22, 2011

Mangia Monday!

I am exhausted after a long day, so the eloquent post that I wrote in my head on today's topic is going to stay there for the time being.  Instead, I'm going to share a few pictures of the amazingly luscious vegan cheesecake (I know...I'll explain) that I made last week.  It was a new recipe and looked wonderful from the start.  It's from one of my new favorite cookbooks, American Vegan Kitchen by Tamarin Noyes, and it did not disappoint.  We all loved it.

This is the cheesecake after sitting in the fridge overnight.  I should have done a better job of spreading out the sour cream mixture and wound up putting too much in the center.  I'll be more careful next time


Here's a slice of the cake.  I thought it looked pretty good, but needed a little something something.


Blueberries!  I had some blueberries in the fridge and cooked up a little topping by combining the blueberries with some raspberry jam.  It was the perfect accompaniment.



This is my new go-to cheesecake recipe.  I like it because it only uses the vegan cream cheese, not a combo of cream cheese and silken tofu.  It was so much richer.  I have no idea how much it tastes like real cheesecake since it has been a long time since I had the real thing, but it was a lusciously decadent dessert and I think that's always a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment