Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Say Cheese!

About a month ago, Living Social had an awesome deal for a studio photography session.  I'm not a huge fan of in-studio photographs, but it was only $17 for a one hour session and more prints than I could possibly know what to do with.  Besides, as my mother likes to remind me, I shelled out $$$ for a fabulous photographer for The Little Girl's one year photos and liked so many pictures that I purchased the CD...then never printed any out.  So 17 bucks for already printed photos for the grandparents?  Sign. me. up.

The photo shoot was yesterday and I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little worried about how it would go.  Turned out, I had nothing to fear.  Someone was a natural.  The Little Miss smiled away and was happy to try out all sorts of poses.  I even got this gem from the photographer:

"She is so good about following directions."  Hahahahahahahaha.  You are invited to my house around 7:00 any evening to see if you want to stand by that statement.

So after several photos, The Little Miss declared that she was all done taking pictures and we waited around to see the results.  I wondered how many of the pictures would have her classic "camera face."  This is when she scrunches up her face, squints her eyes, and gives a huge cheesy smile.  It is the exclusive pose I get whenever I take her picture at home.

My plan was to just use the deal I bought and resist the push to buy more shots.  Counting on camera face to bolster my resolve, I approached the photo slide show confident in my ability to pick one - and only one - pose.  Camera face did its part...there were quite a few pictures with that cheesy grin.  But then...there was a shot of her lying down just looking at the camera.  Precious.  Then another shot of her with her head in her hands.  Love it.  I felt my resolve crumble and by the time I got to the one that was a classic shot for the extended family, I knew that I was toast.  The classic shot is adorable.  My little girl with her scraggly pigtails and medium-level camera face looks so ridiculously happy in her flower dress against a white backdrop.  See what I mean?  It's classic, but also kind of boring.  So see I needed the other pictures for contrast.

I'm glad I did it.  They're not the beautiful outdoor shots by a professional photographer that I love, but they still capture everything about who my daughter is right now and I love that.  And the grandparents are finally going to get some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment